Saturday, May 23, 2009

Solitude Was Mourning For Jasmine & Leye

Solitude Was Mourning

I see solitude standing by the window,
long after she spoke to Boethius
she came here just to see the hamarttan winds blow.

Leye oh Leye why did you have to go?
It was not your choice to go gently into the night.
In St Cloud we did not know what a tangled web Fortuna would weave.
Your elegy will always be a song called youth.
Death gave you came in spring with a load of discontent.
Leye your bones lie now in the city of lakes

The taker came, and now there are none to comfortless are left bereft
Is there no art to make your dry bones live?
Now only time will soften some aspects of grief.

From the first day your were my friend
I saw America again in your eyes.
Engineering was your game and in the mighty middle west
true love also came.
You were both two scholars united and now all we can do is
stare at solitude standing with her ashes in her hair,
Her cheeks are weepy in aspect.
with torn robes, she walks into the night of remembrance.

When my father told me my ears refused to believe.
When my father told me I said this cannot be.
When my father told me my eyes had a shocked stare.

Mr. Bello was a cheerful man
I am proud to say that I too knew him,
if only for a little while,
Leye I will always wish you were still here.

No comments: