Friday, April 8, 2011

Enigma Of Visions


When I woke up Friday morning I was worked on worked on one of my bash projects
and the when that reached its next debug level I looked at the mysql tables 
that I had exported to csv files.

All the data was there except for the headers so I started to work on a script
that would capture the header info of a table with an arbitrary number of 
columns.

Now, most of the examples in our great electronic void of answers seeking
questions deal with specific cases when I wanted something a little more
general so that I can port the solution to differing problem sets.  So out of
my laziness I spent the next 10 hours working on a sql script that will do that.

By 11 some parts of it were working but I was stuck on a part and my all seeing 
left eye was tired.  Due to this problem I went and took out the concavity of
completeness decided to let the windows to my nonexistent soul rest.  Hopefully
in the morning with a fresh right eye a solution would become manifest.

Since I was not sleepy and after hours of chilling with Dre & Big Boi there was
no way I could walk with those bawdy bards to the board of empires.  Even though
they promised me that it would not be TV but HBO.

So in these mean times I closed my eyes and searched for rhymes worth a million
dimes.  Remembering Kasper Hauser I picked Enigma with a shiver of my finger,
which led to the mouse firing its eager trigger.

Now as I laid me down to weep I closed my eyes, my soul to keep,  The music
must have had a spiritual vibe because there were shapes and colours dancing
before my very eyes!  Once again my brain lies!

The last time I experienced something like this was almost 20 years ago.  When
I used to do 200 calculus and physics problems a week I was blessed with 
abstract dreqms.  In my sleep the worldy words about frictional forces,
acceleration's causes took me to the pythagorean plane.  Each problem appeared
out of the mist and would retreat when given a solution with a twist.

This time I did not see code flasshing in my mind's eye.  Instead it was a
mental visualization.  Like turning music into colours via FFTs wavelets of my
conciousness broke tympanum's eardrum. Fancy that rods & cones firing all
because I have a skull and tiny bones!

There I was rocking to a higher feeling gaining insight into my foresight even
with no clock on the wall to be approaching midnight.

Then someone's knock on the door and almost brought me back earth's iron core.
The vision changed to faces in slow rain.

When I heard the chanting "Bitches and Brew! Bitches & Brew! There's enough for
me and you!" I knew my wonderful experience was through.


Peace in the east to my sister that I have seen the least.

A salute to Wayne whose writing should be sung about in paenes.

Props to Shabazz the faithful disciple.  In your knowledge of the nation brook
no rivals.  May you have the pleasure to take a leisurely stroll in foreign
weather when IT schemes help you fulfil your dreams.

Hello
Good morning
Good bye

No comments: